Plugins That We Recommend – Google XML Sitemaps
How does the Google XML Sitemap work?
This plugin helps in the generation of an XML-sitemap on the WordPress blog and this format is supported by the major search engines. The XML-sitemap was first launched by Google in 2005 and subsequently in 2006, Yahoo, Bing and Ask.com adopted it. Sitemaps are as essential tool to improve SEO of a website and this is accomplished by ensuring that all the web pages of a particular site can be located.
With the Google XML Sitemap, it becomes much easier for the crawlers to see the complete structure of your site and retrieve it more efficiently. The plugin supports all kinds of WordPress-generated pages as well as custom URLs.
The Google XML Sitemap has several useful features covering a wide range of functions.
- The plugin is available for all WordPress versions since 1.5
- The Google XML Sitemap does not need any PHP skills or file changes
- There is an user interface that helps with the customization of all parameters
- The Google XML Sitemap is available in many languages
- A sitemap is automatically generated for all types of WordPress pages
- Based on the number of comments, the Google XML Sitemap evaluates and prioritizes each post
- The Google XML Sitemap notifies Ask.com, Google, Bing and Yahoo about any new content
- The Google XML Sitemap includes a WordPress filter for other plugins which can add their pages to the sitemap
- The Google XML Sitemap generates a static XML file as well as a zipped version
A Sitemaps XML file is crucial to have if you’re interested in helping search engine spiders like Googlebot accurately index the content of your website. Whenever a page is added to your site, it is necessary to inform Google and other search engines about the change, so that a spider can come to check the new information. With thee Google XML Sitemap, this is done automatically each time there is a modification in the website. We therefore highly recommend it as a very useful tool to give your site higher SEO ranking.